Kean Foundation Scholarships
The Kean University Foundation is the university’s primary fundraising and gift-receiving organization. It was founded in 1984 as a non-profit, tax exempt organization that advances the mission of Kean University by pursuing and securing private support to benefit Kean’s students, faculty, programs, and/or facilities.
Who is eligible?
All new and current students are eligible to apply for Kean University Foundation Scholarships. This is a competitive application of Kean's best and brightest students, so be sure to prepare your application thoughtfully.
Tips to apply:
- One single application will enable you to be considered for any scholarship that matches your academic history, program, interests and other criteria.
- You will be applying for a scholarship for the 2022-23 academic year, so respond to questions accordingly.
- Be sure to answer each question in the application. The more complete your application, the better your chances of getting matched.
- Write a well written thoughtful response to the writing prompt. Take this opportunity to introduce yourself to the Scholarship Committee.
- Plan your time. As part of the application you will need a Kean faculty or administrator to nominate you for scholarship consideration. Request this from an individual who will be able to provide insight to who you are and some of your success stories. Be sure to provide ample lead time to ensure you are conscientious of their busy schedules.
- Submit your FAFSA as early as possible as this information may be need for consideration of some scholarships. FAFSA for 2022-23 opens October 1, 2021
Follow the link below. Be sure to select the correct application. If you will be a new incoming freshmen or you are a current undergraduate student, then use the application for undergraduate students. Current and new graduate students will use the graduate application.
Applications will open on October 1, 2021 ~ Please return here to apply online.
New & Current UNDERGRADUATE Students | Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
*NOTE: New Incoming freshmen have a priority deadline date of February 1, 2022.
Self-manage the application process. Be sure to meet application deadlines. This includes receiving your letter of nomination. It is the applicant's responsibility to follow up with their faculty or administrator to ensure that your nomination is completed and submitted.
- New incoming freshmen who have submitted their application by the priority deadline should be notified in April. All other undergraduate applicants will begin to receive awards in May and awarding may continue through the summer.
- New and continuing graduate students will receive decisions on a rolling basis beginning in May and awarding may continue through the summer.
NOTE: Even though the application will be open through the end of July, your program may have an earlier deadline so we encourage you to submit the application as early as possible. If you wish to be considered for non-departmental scholarships that are open to both graduate and undergraduate students, your scholarship application must be received by March 1, 2022.
- Students are notified via email from the Kean University Scholarship Manager portal.
- Selected scholars will be asked to review the scholarship agreement and accept the award and submit a formal thank you letter to our generous donor.
Kean University, "Kean Foundation Scholarships" (2021). Evidence Inventory. 402.