Pathway to Kean
The Pathway to Kean demonstrates Kean’s commitment to helping all students climb higher to reach their goals. The joint admission program helps students who do not currently meet the freshman admission criteria to achieve their dream of earning a 4-year college degree from Kean University. Students in the Pathway to Kean program will begin their first two years at their local county college, earn their associate’s degree, then transfer to complete their bachelor’s degree at Kean University.
Participants in Pathway to Kean will earn two valuable degrees, and graduate with less college debt in the same amount of time it typically takes to complete a four-year degree. The following extended support services make the transition to Kean as seamless as possible:
- Guaranteed admission to Kean University upon completing associate’s degree at a partner county college.
- Kean student support services - including a transfer admission counselor and credit evaluator to ensure maximized credit transfer.
- Transfer scholarships of up to $3,500 for those who qualify.
- A dedicated Kean financial aid counselor during your final semester at your county college.
- A Kean University application fee waiver.
Participating County Colleges
* Pending approval
The list of partnership county colleges continues to grow. You can still benefit from the Pathway to Kean program even if your county of residence is not listed above.
Contact the Office of Transfer Admissions at (908) 737-7100 or email email@example.com for additional details on how to apply for alternative pathways regardless of where you live in New Jersey.
- Apply to any participating community college.
- Fill out a FERPA form and submit it to the Registrar's Office at your participating college of choice. The appropriate FERPA form can be found by clicking on the participating college name listed above.
- During your final semester at the community college, complete the Kean transfer application. Be sure to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your Pathway to Kean application fee waiver.
Pathway to Kean Application Requirements
- An AA or AS degree in participating programs from any community college in New Jersey
- A minimum GPA of 2.0
- Successful Portfolio Review or Audition if required for your program of choice
Questions? Contact the Transfer Admissions at (908) 737-7100 or email email@example.com.
Kean University, "Pathway to Kean" (2021). Evidence Inventory. 307.