Policies and Procedures
COVID-19 Interim Travel Restrictions
For the health and safety of the entire University community, Kean University will adopt the following travel restrictions for ALL faculty, staff and students for the Fall 2020 semester:
- The travel ban initiated by the University on March 10, 2020 will continue in effect. No University-sponsored travel, international or domestic, will be approved until further notice. This does not apply to attendance at virtual events or conferences or to students attending clinical rotations or other internship opportunities. Rare exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the President but will be strictly limited.
- Virtual conferences, meetings, trips, seminars, etc. are highly recommended and encouraged and will follow the current travel process. Please indicate on your travel forms that these are virtual activities. See the Kean University Travel Manual for more information.
- Personal travel is generally not governed by the University. However, faculty, staff and students are highly discouraged from traveling out of the United States or to states listed on the New Jersey Travel Advisory list. Students and employees traveling to any of these destinations are restricted from campus and are required to quarantine for 14 days upon return to New Jersey. The University will not be responsible for the consequences of personal travel decisions.
- Employees should discuss the implications of their personal travel with their supervisor. If accommodations to work remotely during the period of quarantine are not possible, employees may be required to use accrued leave time.
- Students should discuss the implications of their personal travel with their professors. If available, students will be permitted to study remotely for their courses.
For questions about virtual travel related to Academic Affairs, please contact email@example.com. For all other travel related inquiries, please contact the Office of the Senior Vice President for Finance at (908) 737-7021.
"CURRICULUM RELATED STUDENT TRAVEL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES" (2020). Evidence Inventory. 73.